Star Walk is an astronomical application for stargazing in real-time with an interactive map of the night sky. Easy-to-use and informative, it is a perfect educational tool for space enthusiasts of all ages. Enjoy satellites overhead, find planets, and identify stars in the sky above you with Star Walk!
Take advantage of Star Walk
- Move your device around, and the app will provide you with an accurate presentation of the arrangement of celestial bodies in the night sky.
- Learn general information and interesting facts about celestial bodies by tapping on their names.
- Find out the rise and set times for the Sun, the Moon, and the planets and get information on lunar phases to determine the best viewing time for your location.
- Tap the clock icon and use the Time Machine to see the past and the future position of sky objects.
- Enjoy celestial objects in augmented reality: tap on the camera icon, and the app will merge live footage from your camera with the map of the night sky.
- Turn on the notifications to witness spectacular astronomical events including planetary oppositions and conjunctions, solar and lunar eclipses, bright meteor showers, etc.
"With the Star Walk app, if you hold your iPod up towards the sky, you can see all the stars and constellations. It even tells you the names of all the planets. Then, if you point it towards the ground, it shows you what all the stars are in the other hemisphere. It’s brilliant, and if you’re ever somewhere with a clear sky and no light pollution, it’s a revelation. It’s beautifully designed and makes clever use of the available technology. I’m fascinated by astronomy, but even if you’re not, give this a go."
"It’s jam-packed with imagery and data on the 200,000 stars and planets in its database, and has a calendar so you can keep track of interesting celestial events. I particularly like the beautiful imagery it uses to show constellations and detail on the planets."
"There's not much to not like about this app. This is one of the best science apps you can buy."
"This app brings the old paper star chart into the smartphone age, and makes exploring the night sky easily accessible to everyone."