Solar System Guide
Solar Walk is a stunning model of the Solar system that shows you the planets, satellites, and other space objects with incredible detail and accuracy. You can navigate through space and time, see all the planets in close-up, learn their trajectories, composition, surface temperature, history of their exploration, points of interest, and more. You can go below the surface and study the layers, play with different angles, and watch the sunset from Mars. Solar Walk is a planetarium 3D in your device.
Take advantage of Solar Walk
- Explore our Solar system — enjoy planets, satellites in space, dwarf planets, asteroids, 3D models of spacecraft, comets, and stars in the finest details.
- Read the detailed information of the celestial bodies in the app’s menu.
- See the Solar system in real-time. All planets are in proper orientation to the Sun: the Earth is dark where it is currently night and gradually lightens to daytime on the other side.
- Travel to the future or the past using the Time Machine. Select any date and time to have a look at the universe at the period you are interested in.
- Explore a celestial body, internal structure, planet positions, stars’ names, and find exciting astronomy facts.
- Visit the gallery of exciting pictures and educational Solar movies.
- Find the Milky Way and enjoy its breathtaking view, navigate easily through the spectacular galaxy, and fully immerse in the atmosphere of outer space.
- Enjoy the high-resolution image of the surface of Solar system planets as if you look at them: zoom in and zoom out, see places that you have never been before.
"Solar Walk provides a good overview of our solar system, with gorgeous image galleries, 3D graphics, introductory videos, and more."
"Solar Walk is an interactive, educational tool that teaches kids about the solar system. The stunning 3D graphics and animated videos are impressive, and kids will enjoy "flying" through space to get an up-close view of the planets, moons, and stars."
"At very least, this app allows you to gaze on in awe at the sheer size of the Solar System, as well as the Milky Way galaxy in which it is located – at most it is a sublime piece of education mobile software for aspiring astronomers. The app’s as much about setting a wondrous atmosphere as it is about straight-laced learning."
"This jaw-dropping app provides a wholly interactive 3D model of our solar system, one that's had me hooked for days. It's the kind of thing you can imagine a science teacher using in the classroom of the future – except that we don't have to wait."